Monday, May 19, 2008

Where I live

Some have been asking about what my accommodations, etc are like.  So here are a few photos of my place and area.

My apartment: Super nice, amazingly clean, washing machine in the building, and best of all I took this first outside view of my apartment building (below) from inside my classroom.  How awesome is that? :P


This is definitely one of the nicer apartments in this area of Bangkok.  I feel very well-off and therefor out of place sometimes.




View from my balcony of the main security guard (there’s one on duty 24/7, this is the night guy).  I love this guy, he doesn’t speak any English really, but he’s so very considerate towards all of us.  It's hard to explain the bond that you get from seeing certain people every day and even harder to explain how such a bond can develop without any real conversation... I suppose this photo is one of the few that I've posted mostly for my own benefit.  "Where I live" wouldn't be complete without him.

 
My school:

 My Classroom:

3 comments:

feeblethemighty said...

Wow. I like to think that someone printed my name on a window somewhere in the world. It's just waiting for me to find it. I'm impressed you found yours. That must make you happy.

Anonymous said...

It does look like you have a nice building and classroom. I am glad to hear you are safe and clean and enjoying yourself. I miss you sweetie. Oh and I am wearing the bag you sent every day and have gotten tons of compliments on it.

Inspired Reality said...

Looks very sunny and happy and nice! Classrooms all over the world tend to look the same. :P Amazing.