Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kanchanaburi - Team Building: Staff Retreat

CEDC should go here for their next staff outing. :P My school, Lertlah, had their team building day at this crazy resort in Kanchanaburi in which we participated in an obstacle course full of challenges which closely resembled many of the stunts from the TV show Fear Factor.



From zip-lines, to hanging bridges, to balance beams, it was a really adventurous day. I wish I had more photos, but had nowhere to carry my camera -as when one fails any of these activities, they fall directly into the marsh.


Our beautiful hotel rooms overlooked the river Quai, and the whole resort was incredibly breathtaking.





Group photo below taken outside our hotel room: The girls at campus 1 (with me) from the U of M. I'm lucky to be with such a great group of people. From left to right: Yours truly, Lisa, Ashley, Jenn, Rosanne, and Maite.


My only regret is not getting the chance to see this guy, lol (he wasn't playing the night that I was there).


In the evening, some of the Thai teachers put on a show for everyone and we watched our principal chug back a wine cooler in less than 5 seconds. Have I mentioned that things are very different here?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cool pictures!!!!!!!!!
Looove that bridge & the room picture with the curtains.

Anonymous said...

Oops that last one was me - Paula

Galapagos said...

I thought of you when I saw that room actually! Seems like the type of aesthetic that you would have really appreciated. It was just SO pretty, Paula! :)