Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A few small differences

Some things are similar here, but different.. Other things aren't the least bit familiar...

More often than teens, it’s the dogs who loiter at the 7/11s. 

The cows are very skinny.

I’m taller here.

Ronald Wai’s the customers (a classic Thai greeting that signifies respect).  

Oh, and among the strange menu items, the McDonald's pie flavours are (rather than cherry and apple), pineapple, taro and corn.


The eggs are never refrigerated (not even in a grocery store).  And some are bright pink. (?)

You can buy water at the grocery store by the glass.

Our “Big Bite” (the classic hotdog that 7/11 sells in Winnipeg) has somehow been converted into a wiener salad…

At 6:00pm every night, supermarket parking lots everywhere host aerobics (see video below).


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay all I want to say is that I totally wish there we dogs loitering outside of 7-11 when I worked there, I definately would have more fun with them than all those damn kids. Also Weiner salad, I'm intrigued!
Mel

Galapagos said...

I love the fact that you're my biggest fan, Mel. :) Thanks for reading! This blog is totally for you! (Why else would I have put up so many animal pics?) :P

Anonymous said...

Well I'm working at a boring store so I have lots of time to read your updates and then I go home and tell Geoff all about you crazy life (and weiner salads). But seriously keep it up you are definately entertaining me and i love the animal pics. Also could you imagine if I took a picture of myself in the mirror there (it would probably be a crotch shot)
Mel